Install Microsoft Office for Home - Student
In order to install Microsoft Office 365 on your personal computer, you need to sign up for a Microsoft Account using your @nevada.unr.edu student email address. The instructions below will direct you on how to sign up for the account and install the software.
Installing Microsoft Office 365 on a Personal Computer
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office/default.aspx and enter in your @nevada.unr.edu email address.
- The next screen will ask if you are a student or teacher, click on the I'm a student option.
- Enter in the information to create your account. Check your student email address for the signup code, and click Start.
- You will see a screen asking for additional info. Click on Next.
- Set up two of the three available secondary authentication methods and click on Finish (finish will be greyed out until the authentication methods have been verified).
- You will now be logged into your Microsoft Account. Click on Install Office apps and select Office 2016. (The system will automatically detect what operating system you are using PC or Mac and download the correct file type).
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the installation of the software and license it properly.
If you have any issues installing Microsoft Office 365 on your personal computer, please contact the OIT Support Center.