How to Install Software Using the Software Center
The Microsoft Software Center is installed on all Windows computers that are managed by the Office of Information Technology. The software center allows OIT Technicians to "send" applications to your computer, so that you can download them at your convenience, and without the need for administrative rights. All of the software available in the software center is campus approved.
You will need to have purchased your desired software, and received an email from the OIT Support Center confirming that the software is available before you can follow these instructions.
Installing Software From the Software Center
In the instructions below, Box Sync x64 is used as an example in the screenshots. Making sure that you are clicking on the software that you requested before starting the download.
- Click on the Start Menu and look for the Microsoft System Center folder. From the Microsoft System Center folder, click on Software Center.
- When the Software Center opens, go to the Applications tab and select the software you would like to install.
- From the Application Details screen, click on the Install button.
- Once the status of the software changes from Available to Installed, close the software center.
- Go back to the Start Menu and verify that the software was installed and launches properly.
If you have any issues installing software from the Microsoft Software Center, please contact the OIT Support Center.