Connect to the VPN
Access to the VPN requires you to download a connection agent. You only need to complete this process once. See the instructions below for information on how to create any subsequent VPN connections.
A VPN connection can be established on both a Windows or Mac computer. The instructions below were created on a Windows computer, however the process for both operating systems is similar.
You must have administrative rights on your computer to complete these instructions.
- To access the VPN, go to https://border.unr.edu and log in with your NetID and password.
- The VPN requires you to download a connection agent. After logging in select the option based on the operating system you are currently using.
- Find the file in your downloads folder and run it.
- During the installation process, accept all of the defaults as you click Next through the options.
- You may receive a warning asking you to verify the installation of the program. Click Yes.
- Once you have installed the software, click Close on the installation program The VPN connection client should launch automatically. If it does not, run GlobalProtect Agent from your list of available programs.
- From the Home tab, enter in border.unr.edu and click on the Connect button.
- A new window will appear. Enter in the following information and click Connect:
Username: Your NetID
Password: Your NetID password
- If connected correctly, you will see a globe in your system tray, and when you hover the mouse over it, it will say Connected.
The VPN Connection Agent is programmed to always run. You must manually tell the program when you would like to connect to the VPN.
Reconnecting to the VPN
- Locate the GlobalProtect Globe Icon in your system tray. Right click on the Globe Icon and click on Connect.
Disconnecting from the VPN
- To disconnect, locate the Global Protect Globe Icon in your system tray. Right click on the Globe Icon and click on Disconnect.
If you have any issues connecting to the VPN, please contact the OIT Support Center.