ResHall Registration for Computer
You need to register your laptop or desktop in order to use internet in the Residence Halls. Register your computer at the Registration site https://reg.unr.edu. You need an active NetID to register your device.
Before you can register your computer, you need an active NetID. Activate your NetID at https://security.unr.edu.
Preparing Your Computer for Registration
- Get an Ethernet cable to connect to the network port provided in your dorm room. A 6-foot Cat5e or Cat6 cable is required.
Cables are available at the Nevada Wolf Shop (ASUN Bookstore), located on the second floor of the Joe Crowley Student Union.
Do not use a phone wire. Ethernet cables have a rectangular-shaped plug. Phone lines have a square shaped plug.
Avoid excessive lengths of cable (e.g. keep the cable under 20 feet to minimize electronic interference
- Review our information on Safe Computing. Computers found to be insecure or out of compliance with connection policies will be blocked from network access until the issues are resolved.
- Configure the following operating system to connect to the ResHall Network:
Register Your Computer
- To initiate a connection, plug the computer into the ethernet port in your dorm room, open up a web browser and navigate to https://reg.unr.edu.
- On initial connection, the UNR Residence Hall Usage Agreement, shown below, will display. All connections to the University network are governed by these policies. You must read the policies completely and agree to the conditions before proceeding.
If you agree to the policies and terms of access, click on the Agree button to continue.
If you do not wish to accept the policies, you should click "Disagree" and you will exit the registration system. Please note that you will not be allowed to use the University network resources if you do not agree to the policies.
- At the Welcome page, you can select whether you are registering a computer or another type of device.
- After clicking on Start for registering a computer, you will be taken to the registration page. Enter in your NetID and NetID password, and select the type of computer you are registering.
- Click Continue to proceed.
- A confirmation screen will appear. Review all information for accuracy.
- Once this is completed, close the web browser and restart your computer.
- You may receive a notification that you have an unplugged network connection. This is part of the registration process. The connection should resume within 30 Seconds, at which point you will have full access to the network.
If you experience any issues, please see our ResHall Network Troubleshooting section.
If you have any issues registering your device or connecting to the network, please contact the OIT Support Center.