Back to RACF ID
- Faculty / Staff
After installing QWS3270, it will need to be configured to access the “Mustang” server containing the secure databases.
- When you first launch QWS3270 a connection wizard will appear. Click Next.
- In the next screen enter mustang.nevada.edu as the hostname of the computer you would like to connect to, then click Next.
- Don’t make any changes to this screen. Click Next.
- This screen asks you to select your preferred screen size. You can ignore this as the QWS3270 window can be resized at any time. Click Next.
- Choose a name for the connection. It can be anything you would like. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- You will now see the connection dialog box. You will see this dialog box every time you start up QWS3270. There is one more change that needs to be done before you can access the secure server. Click on the Edit button.
- From the menu on the left of the screen, click on Security and then select TLSv1 from the SLS/TLS Protocol Version. Click OK.
- You will now be able to access the “Mustang” secure server by clicking on the Connect button.
If you have any issues connecting to Mustang through QWS3270 please contact the OIT Support Center.