Sign in and Get Started with Teams
Sign in to Teams
- Verify Microsoft Teams is available on your device.
- Microsoft Teams is available as part of any Office365 installation. Please refer to the Microsoft Office installation if you do not have Teams available.
- Start Teams.
- In Windows, click Start and look for the Microsoft Corporation From the Microsoft Corporation folder, click on Microsoft Teams.
- On Mac, go to the Applications folder and click Microsoft Teams.
- On mobile, tap the Teams icon.
- Sign in with your email@example.com username and password.
Note: Access to Microsoft Teams is automatically available to anyone with an employee email account. Employees without a University e-mail account may request separate Microsoft Teams access(this is not automatically given).
Pick a team and channel
A team is a collection of people, conversations, files, and tools—all in one place. A channel is a discussion in a team, dedicated to a department, project, or topic.
The best way to get familiar with teams and channels is to pick a team and channel and start exploring!
- Click Teams on the left side of the app and then pick a team.
If you're not on a team and want to create one, see Onboard your teams.
- Select a channel and explore the Conversations, Files, and other tabs.
For more info, see Teams and Channels.