For information using Microsoft Teams while working remotely, please view the Teams section of OIT's Working Remotely page.
Microsoft Teams is a unified communications platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and application integration. It is the recommended video conferencing tool for administrative and non-instructional meetings. (You can still use Zoom if that is your preferred video conferencing tool.) The service integrates with the company's Office 365 subscription office productivity suite and features extensions that can integrate with non-Microsoft products. It also includes such features as:
- Group contacts for easy access and navigation
- Cloud-based meeting recording, support for larger meetings of up to 250 participants
- Share your screen and contents from your computer with other users during meetings or broadcasts.
- Ability to send instant messages to any employee on campus.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneNote, Planner, Power BI & Delve all built in
- Customizable for the way different teams work
- Helps safeguard customer and user data
- Works across all devices—on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and web platforms
If you would like to learn more about Microsoft Teams you can also sign up for a Microsoft Teams virtual workshop by selecting the button below, signing in with your employee email address and associated password, and filling out the sign-up form. Please note, you must have an active employee email account to sign up for this training.