Accessing a Shared Mailbox on the Microsoft Online Portal
- Faculty / Staff
The following instructions will assist you in mapping a shared mailbox in https://portal.office.com. Anytime you log out of portal, you will have to complete these instructions again. The shared mailbox is only stays mapped during a single login session.
Accessing Shared Mailboxes in Microsoft Online Portal
- Login to https://portal.office.com and select Outlook from the list of applications.
- Click on your name in the top right-hand corner to open up the My Accounts menu.
- From the My Accounts menu, click on the Open another mailbox... option.
- The Open another mailbox window will appear. Enter in the email address associated with the shared mailbox and click on Open.
- A new tab will open in your browser. You will now see the shared mailbox and all of the folders associated with it.
- To send from the shared mailbox, click on the New button. You do not need to change the address.
If you have any issues accessing or sending from a shared mailbox in the Microsoft Online Portal, please contact the OIT Support Center.