Mailing List Management
- Faculty / Staff
If you are the Privileged Owner or Manager of a Sympa list, you have the ability to complete all of the following tasks:
- Manage who subscribes to your list
- Moderate incoming messages
- Review bounced emails
How do I Know if I am a Privileged Owner?
- Once you have logged into Sympa, click on the blue Admin button next to the list you would like to edit.
- Look in the top left of the screen. You will see (Privileged owner) next to your email address.
- If you are the Privileged Owner, you will be able to grant Admin/Moderator rights to that specific list to other users.
How do I Grant Owner Permissions?
- From the Sympa Admin page, click on Edit List Config.
- Click on List definition under the Configuring the list menu.
- Scroll until you see the section marked Owner.
- Enter in the information of the person you would like to grant rights to.
- Click on Update at the bottom of the page.
If you do not see the blue admin button next to the list, then you are not an admin on the list. Contact the Privileged User of the list you would like to edit to request admin permissions.
How do I Manage My Sympa List?
- Open up a web browser and log into SYMPA at https://lists.unr.edu.
- Once you are logged in, find your list on the left hand side and click the blue Admin button next to the name of the list.
- Because you are an owner, you should now arrive at a page that says Casual Administration.
- Click Edit List Config.
- From here you can access all of the different areas that you are allowed to edit:
For an in depth description of what each option controls, Click the Help button next to Configuring the list.
If you have any issues editing a Sympa list, please contact the OIT Support Center.