Employee Email Address: Inbox Rules
Applying Inbox Rules to your employee email account allows you to better organize your emails by applying automatic "filters" that can complete the following tasks:
- Move the email to a specific folder in your email account.
- Make a copy of the email and store it in a specific folder in your email account.
- Pin the message.
- Mark the message as read, junk, with importance, with a category.
- Forward the message to another email account.
- Forward the message as an attachment.
- Redirect the message to another email account.
- Send a text message when an email is received.
Inbox rules can be established in the Office 365 Online Mail Application, and will be applied to any device you access your email from.
Creating Inbox Rules Using the Office 365 Online Mail Application
- Log in to https://portal.office.com with your full email address (email@example.com) and NetID password.
- Under the Apps heading, click on the Mail icon.
- Click on the Settings icon in the top right hand corner.
- In the search bar, type in Inbox Rules. Select the Inbox Rules option from the list.
- Click on the Plus Sign icon to add a new Inbox Rule.
- Fill out the form below. Once you have completed all of the selections, click OK in the top left hand corner.
- Once you have finished adding your Inbox Rules click on the Save icon in the top left hand corner.
- Your Inbox Rules are now in place and will be applied to every device you access your email from.
If you have any issues adding Inbox Rules into your email account, please contact the OIT Support Center.