Activating Your Employee Email
- Faculty / Staff
- Go to https://portal.office.com/ and enter your NetID@unr.edu email address and then click on Next.
- On the next page, make sure to enter in your NetID password and then click on Sign in.
- You will see a screen asking for Additional info required. Click on Next.
- You will need to set up at least one of the two available secondary authentication methods and click on Finish. (Finish will be greyed out until the authentication method has been verified.)
- You will now be logged into your Microsoft Office 365 Account. Click on the Outlook icon and wait for your mailbox to finish preparing.
- When completed you will be able to access your new employee email account.
Note: Some departments require a separate alias for University business. Please contact your department to determine if an alias is necessary. By default, all UNR employees will get the standard firstname.lastname@example.org email address. If your department uses a special email domain other than @unr.edu, please fill out this Service Request Form. The email domain is the web address that comes after the @ symbol in an email address, such as @med.unr.edu or @asun.unr.edu.
If you have any issues activating your employee email account please contact the OIT Support Center.