Outlook 2013 or 2016
- Faculty / Staff
The following instructions will assist you in adding your @unr.edu email address into Outlook 2013 - 2016 on any PC that is connected to the UNR network via Ethernet cable. You must be logged into the computer with your NetID for Outlook to find your email address.
If you are off campus, or the computer does not automatically connect to your email, please contact the OIT Support Center.
Accessing your Employee Email in Outlook 2013 or 2016
If this is the first time you have launched Outlook 2013 or 2016 on your machine, please follow these instructions.
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand corner of your machine to access the start menu.
- Find Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 in the program list. Click on the icon to run the program.
- Outlook will now ask that you set up a profile name. This can be anything, though IT recommends something simple like Exchange. Click OK.
- You should now see the Add Account window. Make sure that the email address field reads email@example.com and click Next .
- Outlook will new begin to configure your account. Once you see the green check mark next to each of the three fields, click Finish.
- Outlook will now launch. Verify that Connected to : Microsoft Exchange appears in the lower right hand corner of the window. Your email address is now ready to use.
If you have any issues accessing your Employee Email from Outlook 2013 - 2016, please contact the OIT Support Center.