Wiki Pages in SharePoint are simple blank spaces that can be used to present text and images.
In order to follow the instructions below, you must be the owner of the SharePoint site. If you are unsure about your permissions to a SharePoint site, please contact the OIT Support Center.
How do I Create a New Page?
- Once you have logged into SharePoint, click on the Settings Menu in the top right hand corner and select Add a page.
- Remove the Name your Page heading by clicking on the text and naming the page.
- Click on Save and Close. This will create your page, but it is not yet visible to other members of the SharePoint site.
- Follow the Instructions below to Edit and Publish your SharePoint Page.
How do I Edit my Pages?
To edit a page, you must first find the page in your library. There should be an option in the menu on the left hand side of your screen labeled Pages. This will take you to a list of available pages. Once you see the page in this menu, you will be able to edit it.
- Once you have found the page you are looking to make changes to, click on the Edit button.
- You will now see two Plus sign buttons. Click on the Plus sign button near the bottom of the page header.
- This will bring up the edit options for the page. Select which element you would like to insert into the page. Once you are finished editing, click on Save and Close in the left hand corner of the screen.
- If you are ready for the other members of the site to see your page, click on Publish.
If you have any issues editing SharePoint pages, please contact the OIT Support Center.