When you log into NevadaBox, the primary email address is automatically set based on your primary affiliation with the University:
- Students: your @nevada.unr.edu email address
- Employees: your employee email address (email@example.com)
Students who work for the University will have an account created via their employee email address.
How Do I Change My Primary Email Address?
For employees, your NevadaBox primary email address will always be firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't have access to that email, please contact the OIT Support Center and activate your email account.
For students, it will always be your @nevada.unr.edu email address.
We understand that not every employee at the University uses their @unr.edu email address. People wishing to collaborate with you may know you at a different email account (i.e. @medicine.unr.edu or @casat.org). When you first log into NevadaBox, our system will automatically add some email aliases to your account. However, email addresses that don' use our cnetral email servers (such as @casat.org or @cabnr.unr.edu) will not be automatically added. Therefore, Nevadabox allows you to add "Email Aliases" that allow others to collaborate with you by entering in a different email address, but still reaching your one NevadaBox account.
We highly recommend that all employees check their listed email aliases in NevadaBox for anything that might be missing.
How Do I Add an Email Address Alias?
- Click on your initials in the top right hand corner.
- From the drop down menu click on Account Settings.
- Under Login and Email Addresses you will see your email@example.com email address and an option to Add Email.
- Click on Add Email and enter in the email address you want as your primary account into the text field and click Save.
- Go to your email account and confirm that you want to add the email to your Box account.
Only the primary email address in NevadaBox will receive email notifications. Email aliases do not receive NevadaBox email notifications.