Back to Network Data Storage
NAS: Mapping a Network Share - Mac
It is possible to access the NAS from any Mac connected to the University network via ethernet cable, campus wireless connection, or remote access.
How to Connect a NAS Share to Your Mac
- From the Mac Desktop click on Go from the menu across the top of the screen, and select Connect to Server.
- The Connect to Server window will now appear. Enter the Server Address in the following format:
- To save time when connecting to the share, click on the + button next to the sever address to add it as a favorite server. Once all the information is filled out, click on the Connect button.
- A pop up window will appear confirming that you are attempting to connect to storage.unr.edu. Click on the Connect button.
- In the window that appears, enter in your NetID in the form of UNR\NetID and your NetID password. If you would like your mac to store your NetID password, check the Remember this password in my keychain option and then click on Connect.
- If the connection is you will see the folder displayed under Shared in the Finder window.
If you have any issues mapping a NAS share to a MAC, please contact the OIT Support Center.