Back to University Computers
- Faculty / Staff
When a computer in your department is no longer usable, follow this procedure in order to surplus or repurpose a University-owned computer.
- Inventory the computer. Individuals and their departments are responsible for keeping proper inventory records and for following NSHE procedures. The computer should remain in a secure area.
- Further information on inventory requirements can be found on the NSHE website.
- Contact the OIT Support Center with the Serial number, model and location of the computer.
- An OIT Technician will visit and assesses the disposition of the computer. The hard disk is removed or data security is ensured. OIT will advise if the computer should be repurposed to your department or the campus.
- Confirm that OIT has placed a label on the computer (designating that the hard drive has been removed) before you make a request to the surplus department.
- Create a surplus transfer inside of AssetWorks to schedule the pick up the computer.