Refurbished Computer Purchasing
- Faculty / Staff
When available, Endpoint services replaces older computers with refurbished University PCs or Macs for $60 per computer to any requesting campus department. These requests are filled as surplus PCs and Macs become available for refurbishing, there is no guarantee of immediate replacement.
Refurbished Computer Details
- Refurbished computers are the exclusive property of the University of Nevada, Reno , and are subject to proper salvage and surplus procedures set forth by the University’s Purchasing Department and state law
- There is a $60 charge for the computer. This fee covers:
- Copying the file contents of the old hard drive onto the refurbished computer.
- Removing applications and software from the old computer to be transferred to the refurbished computer when possible.
- Reloading any business applications and software, where user can provide proof of licensing.
- Configuring printer drivers and peripheral equipment for standard existing devices
- There is a $30 charge for wiping and reloading the operating system and necessary software on an existing, functional, in-use office computer.
- When available, a used flat panel monitor may be included for an additional $15.