If you are on a public computer, or do not have administrative rights on the computer, you may connect to Remote Services via our website, https://remote.unr.edu.
This method will only work for those using a Windows PC. Mac users will need to follow the instructions for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
How to Connect via the Remote Services Website
- In any browser, go to https://remote.unr.edu.
- Once the web page loads, enter in your NetID and password and click Sign In.
- Click on the Remote Desktop you would like to run, and download the .rdp file when prompted.
- Locate the .rdp file in your downloads and then click Connect when prompted to trust the publisher.
- Enter in your NetID in the form of UNR\NetID and password when requested.
The software will open and run as if it were native to your machine.
With the software launched on your computer, it is a good idea to understand how to access files on Remote Services.