The University of Nevada, Reno Office of Information Technology department maintains data centers on campus. One of the central data centers offers space where University faculty and staff can store departmental server hardware.
This data center offers the following advantages:
- A secure room with limited access control granted through the campus "Prox Card" system.
- External air conditioning that is remotely monitored by Facilities/OIT.
- Dual 110v/20amp power circuits provided by redundant PDUs (power distribution units).
- 1G networking ports provided.
- Backup by a redundant power system comprised of a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) and backup generator.
- Racks equipped with earthquake resistant brackets.
- KVM (keyboard/video/mouse) available for use.
- On-site telephone.
If you would like to use the data center, ensure that your server hardware is rack mountable and has rail kits. Only rack mountable server hardware with rail kits are allowed due to limited space in the facility. Also, you are responsible for providing all necessary cabling and labeling of equipment.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Manager, OIT Operations